Thursday, November 6, 2014

Rocking the MTC!


Boy, what a great day!! I almost don't know what to say there is so much going on right now! I'm just loving it and I just love my district and my zone! 

The first day was super exciting and really hard, but we were swept to our class room and started right away learning and teaching and growing and stretching and becoming successful missionaries. My companions name is SISTER VAN VULCANBURG. We had our struggles in the beginning but now we absolutely love each other and we are rocking the M.T.C! We both have a great way of teaching now and we fit each other perfectly! It will be so hard when she leaves to Canada. Both of our investigators are really great and progressing to be baptized which is super, super awesome. One of them has had one of the most terrible life imaginable and me being only 19 makes it strange that they are confiding in such a little girl. But it's so great to tell them stuff that makes them so happy and give them life giving hope. The light and happiness come into their eyes and it's just great! We felt to sing a song to one of our investigators and the spirit was so strong and she said we sounded like angles! She said there is a light in our eyes that she wants. She is like a mother and every time we have to leave she blows us kisses! She wanted me to thank you for sharing me with her and she hopes you receive blessings for it. I LOVE HER!!! She thought that after this life that there was nothing and when we told her that she could see her grandpa again the tears just came rushing and it was just so spiritual. The only thing that stinks is that we have to do it over Skype and it's just not the same thing. I wish I could meet her in person and give her a huge squeeze!  

I felt really inadequate to be here at first and I was struggling at times when I thought that I couldn't do everything and plan all the lessons get to all the places and be everything that I want to be, but now over time I've come to laugh so much and not worry so much anymore if everything isn't perfect and I'm a whole lot more confident than I thought I would be. It's really sad how many people actually go home here. 

Sunday was the best! Your spirit just needed the lift after a week of so many things running through your brain. I'm in the M.T.C choir and we did an awesome job on Tuesday for the devotional! We sounded just GREAT!!! The spirit is just wonderful and it fills you up. I feel so needed and just so blessed to have so many wonderful experiences and people who love me! We listened to a talk and it made me realized that I was too focused on myself and that I needed to turn more outward-- and it would solve my home sickness. And it has! The days are just whizzing by and they are getting better and better every day! We also walked around the temple all together and had the best experience and had a lot of fun doing fun pictures. 

I'm still up to my little pranks and I switched the elders name tags on their coats and it was so funny when it threw them off! Their faces were priceless. My companion and I scared our other sisters in our room by hiding behind the door. We are one huge family (our zone) and we just have the greatest laughs and the greatest stories. We get along so well. I wish you could meet them all! 

Tuesday we cleaned the bathrooms for service. THANK YOU MOM FOR TEACHING ME HOW DO DEAL WITH YUCKY THINGS and also the correct way to clean a bathroom. We did have fun though since we were all together (my companion and I and our two great sisters who I absolutely adore!!!). When cleaning the showers here you use power hoses and just attack the walls and use the strongest chemicals alive! It looked good when it was finished! I mopped and swept and my perfectionist side came out again. Talk about hair everywhere. YUCK! Any way, we made the most of it!

I've done a lot of praying here and I've learned more about prayer and praying for specific things.  The spirit does so much teaching here. I used to be worried that I wouldn't be able to teach very well. I was afraid I would offend someone, but the Lord has been working with me and so has my companion and now I can say it how it is. I've come to know what the spirit feels like and can understand what it's telling me so much easier than ever before. Every lesson, every study period, every time I pray and every time I read my scriptures. I love having confidence that what I'm doing and saying is of God and that it will be okay even though I don't see the outcome. Like just yesterday I felt that we needed to teach our investigator about the Sabbath day and she had a job on Sunday and I was worried that we would make her upset of something, but we taught her anyway and she is going to try and come this week! TOUCH DOWN!!!!  SWEET STUFF AND CRISPY CREAMS!!!! :) She still is planning on being baptized and is learning more and more to know her savior! 

I'm not staying as healthy as I would like. The cafeteria is good food, but the food is not healthy and it's just rough. I do the best I can and I limit my intake of sweets. I'm trying to drink lots and that's good but he water is different here so I've got a little rash but it should be okay. I'm not use to the dryness of Utah. My face feels like its pinching every time I get out of the shower and it's screaming at me "What have you done!!!!” It's great though! 

I love you Family so much and I just wish I could hold you all and take you with me on my grand adventure! KEEP THE LETTERS COMING!!! They make my day and I just love them all! I love all the great letters that you send me! 

I will maybe get to talk to you on Monday when I travel they said we can call our family so some time on Monday when I travel with the other 6 elders (should be fun) I will call you and talk to you for a few moments. I love you and miss you and thank you for letting me have this great experience! 

- Sister Scoresby


 When I first got to the M.T.C.

This is a funny picture that we took. All the single ladies and the strong missionaries putting away the natural man.

 Me and my place in space

No comments:

Post a Comment