Monday, November 17, 2014

Exchanging Fun

I'm going to have to send some of the palm trees and the mountains. :) Our house is cool and we are right by a pool that someday I am going to recreate because it looks so cool.
I'm really trying to focus more on others and it’s helped so much. The days are starting to pick up and I'm having more spiritual experiences. We had exchanges this week. What??? So I don't know anyone who white washes there first area (both companions are new to the area) and have exchanges one week after they get there and one week after they arrive in the M.T.C. I was scared that they were going to rate me or something and I really didn't feel like I knew what I was doing that or anything, but it was just the greatest time. We had the best experience and my exchange companion was just so much fun. She helped me realized that there more ways of being a missionary. She helped me have a great day and I'll tell you more about it in my letter but she just helped me see that it’s okay not to be perfect but to try our best. Like we took a wrong turn and ended up out of our area, but it was okay and we got back just as soon as we could but we laughed about it and she was just easy going and such a great friend. I love her. Her goal for me was that I needed to not be so hard on myself. I love that goal because all my other goals have been on how I can be better and when I don't make those goals it just kills. Well I'm changing my game now and I'm laughing with people and making jokes and Instead of doing the traditional door approach of " Hi, we're missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints" It's " How did you get your Ivy to grow like that, it's so cool." People are so much happier to talk about their ivy then to talk about religion right off the bat. I really like seeing what I can come up with. Like we met a guy who had just came from rock climbing and I thought that was just so cool! People just love to talk about themselves and they can open up. I love doing the work in a way that makes me happy and everyone else happy.
-Sister Scoresby

No comments:

Post a Comment